The role of Schools Forum
Schools Forum is made up of representatives from schools and academies, but with some representation from other non-school organisations, such as nursery and 16-19 education providers. The forum acts as a consultative body on some issues and a decision making body on others.
The forum acts in a consultative role for:
· changes to the local funding formula (the local authority is responsible for the final decision, although in some cases it may delegate the decision-making power to the Schools Forum)
· proposed changes to the operation of the minimum funding guarantee
· changes to or new contracts affecting schools (e.g. school meals)
· arrangements for pupils with special educational needs, in pupil referral units and in early years provision.
The forum is responsible for decisions on:
· how much funding may be centrally retained within the Dedicated Schools Grant (e.g. for the Admissions Service, prudential borrowing costs, additional funding available for growing schools)
· any proposed carry forward of deficits on central spend from one year to the next
· proposals to de-delegate funding from maintained primary and secondary schools (e.g. for staff supply cover, insurance, behaviour support)
· changes to the scheme of financial management.
For more information about the Forum please phone 01392 382305 or email email@example.com.
Non statutory responsibilities
The County Council has agreed that the Forum will be consulted on all educational issues that affect young people aged 0 – 19.
Support officer: Fiona Rutley 01392 382305. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org