Agenda

Venue: This will be a Virtual Meeting. For the joining instructions please contact the Clerk for further details on public participation.

Contact: Gerry Rufolo, 01392 382299  Email: gerry.rufolo@devon.gov.uk

Note: To be conducted in line with The Local Authorities and Police and Crime Panels (Coronavirus) (Flexibility of Local Authority and Police and Crime Panel Meetings) (England and Wales) Regulations 2020: To see the live stream, copy and paste this link into your browser:https://teams.microsoft.com/l/meetup-join/19%3ameeting_ZjIxZjkyOTYtMjIyMC00MDU4LWFkMGMtZDE5YWVhNTZlMDQy%40thread.v2/0?context=%7b%22Tid%22%3a%228da13783-cb68-443f-bb4b-997f77fd5bfb%22%2c%22Oid%22%3a%223d9c340a-0429-4b53-a982-1317fcf719c1%22%2c%22IsBroadcastMeeting%22%3atrue%7d 

Items
Note No. Item

PART 1 OPEN COMMITTEE

1.

Apologies for Absence

*

2.

Minutes

Minutes of the meeting held on 17 July 2020, (previously circulated).

*

3.

Items Requiring Urgent Attention

Item which in the opinion of the Chairman should be considered at the meeting as matters of urgency.

MATTERS FOR DECISION

*

4.

North Devon Link Road Improvements: Update (Minute *65)

Head of Planning, Transportation and Environment to report

 

 

*

5.

Potential Government Funding for the Missing Link between Knowle and Willingcott and Proposals for Barnstaple: Update (Minute *84).

Head of Planning, Transportation and Environment to report.

 

 

*

6.

Emergency Active Travel Fund plans for Barnstaple

Head of Planning, Transportation and Environment to report.

 

*

7.

North Devon Cycling Forum Report pdf icon PDF 146 KB

In accordance with Standing Order 23(2) Councillor Greenslade has requested that the Committee consider this matter

 

At the Barnstaple Town Council Planning & Transportation Committee on Thursday 12th November a motion was passed for the North Devon Cycling Forum Report to be referred to HATOC for consideration.

 

The report is attached and the committee asked that the following be highlighted:

 

·         the report is backed up by the July 2020 Dept of Transport Gear Change: a bold vision for cycling & walking report.

·         The North Devon Cycling Forum Report identified that although there are cycle routes in the town they do not link up across the town and particularly residential areas into the town centre.

·         There needs to be more segregation of motor vehicles, cyclists and pedestrians, better signage and more bike racks.

·         The report makes recommendations for the Long Bridge that includes a shared spaces proposal.

·         the report recommends more 20mph zones in the town.

·         greater consideration should be given for users of mobility scooters, particularly at crossing points.  There is lack of dropped kerbs in the town and where they are installed several of them still have a step, at the kerb, making it difficult for small wheeled scooters to cross.

 

Additional documents:

MATTERS FOR INFORMATION

*

8.

Actions Taken Under Delegated Powers pdf icon PDF 10 KB

Report of the Chief Officer for Highways, Infrastructure Development and Waste (HIW/20/55), attached

 

PART II - ITEMS WHICH IN THE OPINION OF THE CHAIRMAN MAY BE TAKEN IN THE ABSENCE OF THE PRESS AND PUBLIC

Nil