Agenda

Venue: Meeting Rooms at Taw View, Civic Centre, North Walk, Barnstaple, Devon, EX31 1EE

Contact: Gerry Rufolo, 01392 382299  Email: gerry.rufolo@devon.gov.uk

Items
Note No. Item

PART 1 OPEN COMMITTEE

1.

Apologies for Absence

*

2.

Minutes pdf icon PDF 81 KB

Minutes of the meeting held on 28 June 2018, attached

*

3.

Matter of Urgency: 0n Street Parking Restrictions South Molton

Item which in the opinion of the Chairman should be considered at the meeting as matters of urgency.

MATTERS FOR DECISION

*

4.

Annual Local Waiting Restriction Programme pdf icon PDF 6 MB

Report of the Chief Officer for Highways, Infrastructure Development and Waste (HIW/18/73), attached

*

5.

Budget Update

Chief Officer for Highways, Infrastructure Development and Waste to report

*

6.

Barnstaple Pannier Market: Closure of Cross Street

(In accordance with Standing Order 23(2) Councillor Yabsley has requested that the Committee consider this matter)

 

Background:

 

The North Devon Council has set up a working group regarding the Barnstaple Pannier Market. At the last meeting of the working group, the issue of the potential closure of Butcher’s Row and Cross Street was discussed as follows:

 

It was noted by the Chairman that he was continuing to talk to HATOC about the potential of closing off Butcher’s Row/Cross Street during Pannier Market trade hours.  It was agreed by the working group that North Devon Council put in a formal request to HATOC requesting the closure of Cross Street.”

 

 

*

7.

Speed Limits: Mondeo Way, Barnstaple; and Hamlet of Eastleigh and Holmacott, and Newton Tracey

(In accordance with Standing Order 23(2) Councillor Biederman has requested that the Committee consider this matter)

 

Councillor Biederman has asked:

 

A - To consider requesting Cabinet to support a request for 30mph speed limit for the B3233 from Mondeo Way to Barnstaple, with the sections in the built-up areas of Instow, Yelland, Fremington, Bickington being 20mph.

 

Reason many residents are in fear of leaving their homes to catch the bus or use local services, due to the current levels of and speed of traffic using the network. This will help to increase the use of public transport.

 

B – To consider requesting cabinet to support a 20mph speed limit through the Villages/Hamlet of Eastleigh & Woollacott as The Old Barnstaple/Old Bideford Road is now so busy with traffic trying to avoid the congestion on the A39 & B3233, cars are flying through these villages in an attempt to get to their destination, an accident is waiting to happen. These villages have houses right on the roadside with no pavements.

 

C – To Consider requesting cabinet to support a 20mph speed limit in the Village of Newton Tracey, again as levels of traffic increase and lack of pavements in this village, it is incredibly dangerous for pedestrians to get to the local public transport stop and to safely get in and out of their properties, in a car.

 

Chief Officer for Highways, Infrastructure Development and Waste to report. 

MATTERS FOR INFORMATION

*

8.

Delegated Powers pdf icon PDF 60 KB

Report of the Chief Officer for Highways, Infrastructure Development and Waste (HIW/18/74), attached

 

*

9.

Dates of Meetings

12 March, 27 June and 31 October 2019 and 30 April 2020 (all at 10.30 am at Taw View, Barnstaple)

 

It is proposed that the meeting scheduled for 12 March 2019 be changed to Friday, 15 March 2019. 

           

PART II - ITEMS WHICH IN THE OPINION OF THE CHAIRMAN MAY BE TAKEN IN THE ABSENCE OF THE PRESS AND PUBLIC

Nil