Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
(Councillor Brazil declared a personal interest in this matter by virtue of being a Governor at Kingsbridge Community College).
(a) that the 2024-25 admissions policies for community and VC schools including their Published Admission Numbers (PAN) in Appendix One be approved and the changes to catchment areas within Appendices Two (and replicated below) which include responses from the consultation as well as detailing all Devon-wide changes be endorsed.
• amend the boundary between Countess Wear and Wynstream primary schools as consulted;
• amend the boundary between Newton Poppleford and West Hill primary schools and the boundary between Sidmouth College and The King’s School, informed by the consultation responses;
• amend the boundary between Willand and Halberton primary schools, informed by the consultation response;
• amend the boundary between Hatherleigh and The Clinton primary schools, informed by the consultation response;
• amend the boundary between Berrynarbor and Combe Martin primary schools, informed by the consultation response;
• amend the boundary between Berrynarbor and Ilfracombe Infant and Junior schools, informed by the consultation response;
• not amend the boundary of Berrynarbor, Combe Martin, and Ilfracombe Infant and Junior schools so that the entire parish of Berrynarbor falls into the Berrynarbor school catchment;
• amend the boundary between Filleigh and South Molton Community Primary schools, informed by the consultation response; and
• not refer the extension of Uffculme School’s catchment area and inclusion of Willand School to the Office of the school Adjudicator.
(b) that the normal round co-ordinated admissions and the in-year co-ordinated admissions schemes for 2024-25 in Appendix Three be approved;
(c) that the admissions relevant area for Devon for 2024-25 and 2025-26 as detailed in section 7 be endorsed; and
(d) that the admissions timetable for the year ahead, see Appendix Four, be approved.
Reason Key: Strategic, Political or Financial Significance;
Divisions Affected: (All Divisions);
Contact: Julian Wooster, Director of Children and Young Peoples Futures Email: email@example.com.
Report author: Julian Wooster
Publication date: 10/02/2023
Date of decision: 10/02/2023
Decided at meeting: 10/02/2023 - Cabinet